Electric Modulating Duct Heaters
A recent addition to HVAC marketplace – Canada Blower commercial duct heaters offer exceptional opportunity for efficient heating of commercial, residential and institutional ventilating ductworks.
Canada Blower electric heaters have sensational features that make them the best in the industry. CB universal controller can operate without external inputs to provide maximum heat for variable air velocity and temperature conditions. Sensors are located close to the heating elements. The controller considers only convection heat and differential temperature to precisely measure air velocity and continuously update the proportional control signal to the heater. The result is an extremely precise control of heater output in different environments including VAV applications. Canada Blower engineers duct heaters up to 1000 kW with up to 40 kW per sq.ft. to suit any application. CB heaters are approved for zero clearance to combustible materials and are safety tested.
A variety of features are available to design the perfect and ideal heater which will satisfy the most demanding air heating requirements. • Open Coil, Standard Tubular and Finned Tubular elements.
• Slip-In, Flanged and Round Collar mounting.
• ON/OFF and Modulating Control.
• Input signals: 0-10 or 2-10 VDC, 4-20mA, 0-140 Ohms, Pulsed AC/DC.
• Nema 1, 12, 4 and 4X Enclosures.
Here’s a brief observation of the newly designed Electric Duct Heaters types:
OPEN COIL HEATING ELEMENTS: The open coil elements are the most popular in the industry, suitable for most standard HVAC ducted systems. The biggest advantage of these elements is the excellent heat dissipation capacity with heating capacities ranging from 0.5 to 1000 kW. Features of the Open coil elements
• Minimal pressure drop
• Fast response time
• Up to 40 kW per sq.ft.
• Quick delivery The grade C open coil elements type is made up of nickel, chrome and iron. Canada Blower offers, for applications in humid environments, Nickel-Chrome elements which do not contain any iron.
STANDARD AND FINNED TUBULAR HEATING ELEMENTS:The Standard and Finned tubular type offers an excellent mechanical resistance, suited for demanding environments. These elements are less sensitive to humid and dusty environments but offer a slower response time. Features of the standard and finned tubular elements • Up to 12 kW per sq.ft. (Standard) and Up to 15 Kw per sq.ft. (Finned).
• Heating elements not in direct contact with air.
• Element of U or W shape. Tubular elements are made of Incoloy (Nickel alloy) tube which contains a heating coil in magnesium oxide powder. Finned tubular elements have aluminum fins installed on the tube to allow a higher heat dissipation capacity. FRESH AND FORCED AIR HEATERS: CB heaters are designed to complement heating systems of homes and offices by preheating fresh air or returned air with any existing central forced-air heating system. This electric duct heater is equipped with a modulating controller that allows operating in extremely low air flow with peak performance.
Applications and features: • Heat recovery ventilation system.
• Central forced-air heating system.
• Air make-up combined with a small fan.
• Zone heater… and more.
• 6″ or 8″ collar; 1 kW to 5 kW at 120, 208 or 240 VAC.
• 6 different kits of thermostat configuration available.
For additional information please visit http://www.canadianblower.com/hvac/index.html.
Canadian Air Systems Designer