You have been thinking a lot about developing your backyard in Kelowna this summer, but your mind is blank. Here are some landscaping ideas to help you get started:
Kelowna landscaping ideas
1. Have you considered xericulture? One dictionary describes it as “1. The growing of plants with a minimal use of water. 2. Gardens, landscapes, etc. that require a small amount of water.”
In today’s ecology conscious world, we are all being urged to minimize our use of water for non-essential purposes. In the semi-arid climate of Kelowna, many native plants such as grasses and sagebrush naturally thrive and would do well on minimal water maintenance in any landscaping project.
Rocks and crushed stone would be a natural accompaniment to native plants, and would look spectacular around a pond or an inground swimming pool.
2. Look around your backyard to find any unique outcroppings that you could use as a focal point. Is there any exposed rock or any natural curvature that gives you a starting point from which to begin your landscaping? Do you have a natural stream or creek running through your yard? If so, these may lend themselves to natural enhancement and development rather than trying to create them from scratch.
3. Look around your neighbourhood for landscaping ideas. See what other people are doing successfully that catches your eye, and take ideas from them.
4. Look for Kelowna landscaping ideas on your browser. Many landscape company websites display portfolios of their work that you can peruse. There may be some ideas that will catch your attention.
5. Are there any community standards or restrictions that must be followed? For instance, some townhouse developments do not allow hot tubs, so you would want to know if there were any development restrictions BEFORE you engaged your landscape …