Some innovative and easy house interior design tips can help you create more space and make your small living area look gorgeous. Don’t be disheartened if you have a small living space. They too have great potential in home decorating ideas.
- Let’s start with the windows of your small room. This is one thing that should hold prime importance in home interior design. They allow light and air to your small space so use minimum accessories to make the window look big. Heavy accessories will only block light and make your room look even more dingy. You get some very sophisticated options of window accessories in the market. You can also custom make it to match your home décor by using matching shades and fabric.
- Next comes the floor space. De-clutter your floor from unnecessary bulky items. Keep smaller items on shelves or window panes if possible. You will be surprised to see how much space you can create by just shifting few things off the floor. This is one of the greatest house interior design tips for cramped up spaces.
- Color plays a very important role in home interior design. Though use of more than two or three color can give new dimensions to your room, but this particular home design tip is unfit for small spaces. Use a single color to paint all the walls of the room. Use similar shades for other rooms in the house.
- House interior design tips rely heavily on fabrics. So when it comes to small spaces, avoid using flashy fabrics with large prints. If you do have some furniture with larger prints, tone it down with plain fabrics. Every house has a corner for emotional sentiments. Use fabrics to create depth in such areas. This will give a great visual impact.
- Small spaces usually face the problem of limited lighting. Do not go for artificial lighting. This is not a very helpful home interior design tip. Instead see to pull maximum natural lighting into the room but positioning mirrors directly opposite the window or by using glossy wall paints that will reflect natural light. Try and keep furniture and appliances dust-free to give a better lighting effect.
- Plants accessorize any living space in a natural way. House interior design tips for small spaces suggest small indoor plants around the room. You can also have fresh flower bouquets on the room center or corner. But they need to be regularly changed to give the room a fresh look.
- Flooring plays an integral part in home interior design. But unfortunately many apartment spaces do not allow change in flooring. But you can always cover it up with better options. A lighter area rug or a light bare wood floor carpet always makes the room look bigger.
Hoping these tips help you make a move with interior designing. And should you have any questions on the way, an expert is just a call away!